Friday, August 7, 2026

A sacred place [poem]

 I used to think it was four walls, and a window, a door...

But maybe it's a feeling.

A place that is safe, and abundant in love. 

What is such a feeling? If not a place?

Maybe it's in hope. The way I desire and dream. The only safe space, the place where I feel free, and in control. A place that is vivid and seen. Just like the trees, and the wildflowers. Where the foxes run free across the dandelion, and daisy fields.

The sky is bright blue endless, and wide.

The clouds are scarce, but plenty.

I can see blue, clear lakes flowing against the stones, with endless sand stretching between the shores. Little crabs are building nests beneath larger stones.

What a joy to see it all, like a summer's cabin peacefully out in the middle of the mountains perhaps that is the sacred place.